Housing Needs Assessment

Housing Support

Notification of Social Housing Assessment 2021

Fingal County Council is currently preparing a Social Housing Assessment Summary in accordance with Section 21 of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009.

All Local Authorities are required by the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government to complete this assessment for all persons who have applied for social housing support.

The purpose of the Assessment is to capture the total number of households qualified for social housing support across the county whose social housing need is not being met, in order to understand the level of need for such support.

This Council is contacting certain applicants who have applied for social housing support after the 30th July 2020 to confirm that they still require social housing support. Each applicant must confirm their requirement to the Council by completing the assessment form which has been issued. Applicants who have applied prior to 30th July 2020 will not be written to as your file has recently been assessed so there is no need to contact the Council unless there is a change in circumstances.

Transfer applicants, HAP and RAS tenants are not included in this assessment.

Please return your form no later than 22nd October 2021 to ensure that your application is included in this assessment.

In recognition of COVID 19, we would ask that your completed assessment form be returned by post if possible in the pre-paid envelope provided, and no later than 22nd October 2021.

Fingal County Council, Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, D15 W638

Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.00pm Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm


Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin, K67 X8Y2

Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am to 5.00pm Friday 9.00am-4.30pm


All forms returned to the Council will be assessed to ensure that each applicant has a continuing need for social housing support. It is most important that forms are completed in full with all relevant information.

If an applicant no longer requires social housing support or is no longer eligible their file will be closed. 

It will be assumed that applicants who do not return their Social Housing Assessment Forms are no longer interested/in need of social housing support and their file will be closed. 

List position letters will be issued to all eligible housing applicants following full completion of the Social Housing Assessment 2021.


Fingal County Council would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation.


Additional information

*Please provide a contact phone number and email address on the assessment form so we can contact you if we need to gather further information. Please ensure this office always has a current contact phone number for you.


*Income details should be provided for all persons in employment and/or in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection including Working Family Payment (WFP) previously known as Family Income Supplement (FIS).  All income including maintenance payments must be included on the form. 


*Please note you may select one area of preference if there is only one area in which you wish to be housed (however it should be noted that this may add to your waiting time on the list). The MAXIMUM number of areas you may select is 3. If you select 3 areas you may be made an offer in any of the 3 areas when you reach the top of the list so careful consideration should be given to your choices.

*Please take the time to complete the form so all written information is clearly marked on the form so we can update your assessment as quickly as possible.



  • These may apply to you if your circumstances have changed recently, since you applied or since you last updated your information with the local authority.  
  • We may need you to submit further documentation and if needed, we will tell you about this as quickly as possible. 

For all households  

  • Proof of current address (e.g., utility bill, lease or rental statement) 

Any new household members (e.g. new babies)  

  • Birth Certificate  

Any recent Marriages or Civil Partnerships  

  • Marriage/Civil Partnership certificate 

Any household member in employment  

  • Evidence of 12 months’ income prior to the date of application must be submitted through a combination of the following:  

Current Year 

Payslips for all employments 


Pay and Tax Summary (Year to date). This can be obtained from Revenue’s online service, myAccount* and will include all employments in this current year to date.  

Previous Year 

Statement of Liability. This can be obtained through Revenue’s online service, myAccount* or your local tax office  


Employment Detail Summary. This can be obtained from Revenue’s online service, myAccount*. 



Any household member in self-employment  

  • A minimum of 2 years’ accounts with an Auditor’s Report  


  • A Notice of Assessment and/or Self-Assessment Acknowledgement letter for the preceding 12 months 

Any household members in receipt of social welfare 

  •  A recent statement from Department of Social Protection detailing all welfare payments received and commencement date of receipt of such payments. If a household is in receipt of social welfare for less than 12 months, a Statement of Liability for the preceding year and, where applicable, payslips for the intervening period must also be provided. 

Any household member who is a non-EEA national  

  • Proof of citizenship or permission to remain in Ireland for all household members (e.g., letter from the Department of Justice or similar from Garda National Immigration Bureau).  

Any recent legal separation or divorce   

  • Copy of the agreement  

Any recent custody arrangement  

  • Document which sets out the arrangements  

Any maintenance arrangements  

  • Document which sets out how much maintenance is received  

Applications on grounds of any NEW Medical or Disability Grounds (if applicable) 

  • A completed Medical and/or Disability Information Form (HMD-Form 1), available from your local authority  
  • Occupational therapist’s report in respect of any specific accommodation requirements