Homelessness Information and Advice

Homelessness Support

If you are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of becoming homeless please contact our Fingal County Council Homeless Services at Civic Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. 

Our Homeless Support Unit is open to new presentations from Monday to Friday from 9.30a.m - 12.30p.m. If you have already been assessed by the Homeless Team please email us on email:  homeless@fingal.ie  or call 01-8905090.

You can also contact the out of hours Free Phone number: 1800 707 707.


Are you renting and worried about losing your home?

There is a dedicated freephone advice line operated by Threshold on behalf of the four Dublin Local Authorities. You can get advice on:

  • Being asked to leave rented accommodation before the lease is up
  • Renewing your lease, but being worried about being able to pay
  • Landlord selling or reaquiring the home
  • Questions on Social Welfare Allowance rent supplement and rent increases after the lease term

Telephone 1800 454 454 


Am I entitled to temporary accommodation?

To make this decision we review whether:

  • You are homeless or likely to be homeless
  • If you have a priority need for temporary accommodation/access to housing
  • If you have a local connection with the Dublin area – if you’re registered as homeless with any of the 4 Dublin local authorities.

While we consider your situation, temporary accommodation may be provided if you’ve nowhere else to stay. 


If I’m not from Fingal can I still use the service?

If you’re not from the Fingal area you must present yourself to the local authority area where you lived prior to becoming homeless.
If you’re not currently in receipt of social welfare and you need emergency accommodation you must go to the

Homeless Persons Unit,
Oisin House,
Dublin 2,
where they’ll check if you’re eligible to claim mainstream social welfare payments. The Homeless Persons Unit operates an appointment system and can be accessed by Freephone on 1800 724 724.

If you are from outside the Fingal Area please contact the Central Placement Service by Freephone on 1800 707 707.


Homeless and eligible for emergency accommodation

We will consider you homeless and eligible for emergency accommodation if you’ve nowhere to stay on the day you come into our Homeless Unit because:

  • You’ve been staying somewhere but have no right to remain there
  • You’ve somewhere to stay but are at risk of harm if you remain there
  • You can’t pay for any accommodation yourself

We can’t provide permanent accommodation immediately, but if you’re considered homeless we may be able to arrange temporary accommodation for you until you find long-term accommodation.


What do I need to bring with me?

You need identification, such as a birth certificate or passport. You also need proof of your income/social welfare payment such as a recent receipt from the Post Office.


I’m under 18, what do I do?

The Health Service Executive (HSE) will help you if you’re under 18 years. If you’re homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless go to your local Area Health Office and a social worker will help you. If that office is closed, for example it’s after 17.00, go to the local Garda Station and they’ll contact the on-duty social worker who’ll arrange emergency accommodation for you.

This Unit provides payments under the Supplementary Welfare Allowance Scheme and can give you advice on your entitlements but they can’t place you in temporary accommodation.Call into their office for more information at:

41 Castle Street,
Dublin 2 
for women and families


212-213 Oisin House,
Pearse Street,
Dublin 2
for men
Telephone: 1800 724 724

Contact Fingal’s Homeless Unit for information at

Telephone: 01 890 5090 during office hours
Out of hours Telephone: 1800 707 707
Email:  hom%65l%65%73s@fingalcoco.ie " rel="nofollow"> homeless@fingalcoco.ie