First Time Buyers of new and second hand homes (and self-build) may apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan up to a maximum of €288,000 over a maximum term of 30 years, subject to lending terms and conditions, and who meet the following eligibility criteria:
Social Housing applicants and applicants for the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan should note that in light of the Covid-19 emergency, a temporary alternate arrangement has been put in place that will remove the need for them to have to obtain a physically completed HPL1 form from Revenue, either in person, by post, or by Revenue’s online systems ROS/MyAccount.
Instead, the applicant can request that Fingal County Council undertake an electronic process to obtain the information from the Revenue Commissioners. Persons who wish to avail of this option should contact either the Social Housing Support or Home Loan Section and request that the relevant HPL1 information be obtained on their behalf by Fingal County Council
1. First Time Buyers (exceptions may apply e.g. for legally separated or divorced applicants)
2. Single applicant’s income must be less than €50,000
3. Joint applicants’ combined income must be less than €75,000
4. The primary earner on the application form must be in continuous employment for at least two years (this can be self-employment) and the second applicant must have at least one year’s continuous employment. Certain exceptions can be considered.
5. Aged between 18 and 70 years (i.e. loan term must cease by the time the borrower reaches 70 years of age).
6. Applicants must prove that they have sought a mortgage from two lenders (banks or building societies) and have received inadequate funding offers or refusals from each before making an application for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to Fingal County Council.
7. All applicants will be interviewed by Fingal County Council before the application is forwarded to the Housing Agency for adjudication.
The maximum loan amount that may be advanced (subject to lending terms and conditions) is €288,000 over a maximum term of 30 years. The maximum loan-to-value ratio is 90%.
The maximum mortgage loan in each case will be determined by the local authority in accordance with lending terms and conditions, the €288,000 limit, loan-to-value limit and subject to the purchaser’s ability to repay.
All applications will be assessed based on the applicant(s) current income, their existing loans and financial commitments. For sucessful loan applications an additional monthly mortgage protection insurance fee is levied.
Applicants must complete the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan application form and return it to:
Loan Accounts Section
Fingal County Council, Grove Road,
01 890 5590
Applicants must prove that they have sought a mortgage from two lenders (banks or building societies) and have received inadequate funding offers or refusals from each before making an application for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to Fingal County Council.
For more information including a loan calculator please click http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/
Helpline for enquiries 051 349720
We advise that all potential applicants for the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan should make prior contact to the Loans Section. To submit an application or make an appointment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED AND WILL BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT(S)
By Telephone: (01) 8905590;